Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Family Night Project

A friend of mine made me a heating pad quite a few years ago, and my kids found it the other day. They have been fighting over it so I told them for a Family Night project we could make them each one of their own. We went to the store and they picked out their fabric. They felt very grown up doing this. Then we came home and I sewed them leaving a hole just big enough for the rice to go in. My heating pad has flax seed which I like better but I could not find any here. So I had the kids fill them up with rice. I sewed the hole closed then we heated them up. The kids LOVE them. Fun simple project = two happy kids!




They picked out there own fabric and were very proud of their choices!



Then they filled them with rice.






The finished product



They could hardly wait to try them out.

3 comments:

Sara Schumacher said...

How fun! Good job kiddos!

Christy Cummings said...

Looks like fun. I need you to come help me make some too.

sarahblad said...

cute idea we will have to try that